Wednesday, April 3, 2013

4-3-13



I was in a bigger city today and saw a car that someone had stolen the tires off of. Just like that story we heard about napoli.

I'm glad that I was able to write you guys this week. I wasn't sure we were going to have time. All the trains were stopped for 3 hours because someone got run over on the tracks. 


Anyways the week. This week we have continued to teach the wife of a member here. She has heard all the lessons and wants to be baptised, but she still wants to wait until some other things are in order. The best we can to is just to wait until she wants to. As missionaries we are here to invite people and to help people get ready. We can't make the decision for her. We are now just waiting to see how things pan out this transfer. She comes to church almost every week. It's nice to see a full family in the ward every week. All of the members here have part member families so it's really refreshing to see a husband, wife and kids together in sacrament meeting. The daughter is really funny. She is really shy the entire lesson, but when I pick up my scripture case and start getting ready to leave she throws a fit and makes it hard to leave. 

Easter was really wonderful. the day after the entire city disappeared to the beaches and country side to have some time with the family. We were invited to lunch for both these days. It's rough on me. I'm going to have nightmares of plate after plate after plate full of food. Everyone eats lamb on easter sunday. It was so freaking good. Only Sean and Emilia understand how good I am eating here. 

I finished the B.o.M for the first time in Italian this week. Now I just need to finish the New testament. I'm really proud of this. I read a 630 page book in a foreign language. Not to bad. I'm not going to bother with D&C or the old testament while I'm here. The most important books for missionary work are the Book of Mormon and the New testament. Maybe after I come home I can read them to help keep up the Italian. 

Thats all for now. Love you
Anziano Faggioli

No comments:

Post a Comment