Friday, April 12, 2013

Brindisi Italy 4-10-13


Conference was the best. We went to Lecce to watch it and they had an english broadcast for the Greenie down there. I decided that it was probably better to understand everything instead of practice my Italian. I can't even describe how powerful General C
onference is in the mission. Everything takes on a whole new meaning when you are listing for not only yourself, but to learn how to further the lords work. It's just amazing. There is no denying that these are men called of God. I didn't hear the sunday afternoon session becuase it was at 2 in the morning here, but I will get to read it in the Liahona when it comes. 
Other good news for missionaries in Rome that comes with General Conference is that we can now take off the suit jacket!! It just got 100x cooler. 
That car that I saw last week was nothing. When I saw that car I told Anz Liccioli "you would never see that in Brindisi. It's to tranquil down there." and sure enough, just because I said that, just yesterday I saw two cars that had been lit on fire the night before. Ironic isn't it? 


We are starting to pick up the work again. It just kind of swings up and down with the seasons. I'm not trying to complain when it's slow. It's just you ask me how it's going I answer. Around easter and christimas and parts of the summer the work slows down around the entire mission. Everyone becomes super active in the Catholic church during these holidays. Now we found a new less active family that is willing to meet with us. We still have a couple investigators and people are stopping to talk to us on the street. I'm  really starting to like talking to people on the street surprisingly. Even some of the rejections are really funny to me. We had this one guy stop and talk to us for a while eventually he was like "yeah I kinda do my own thing with religion , but lets go get a coffee." We politely refused and went our way to continue looking for people to teach.

I always think I'm ready to get transferred, but then I think about all the friends I've made between the members, english course students, and random people on the street that always stop to talk to us and I 'm not so sure about the transfer here. I really like brindisi and it's going to be one of the stops when you guys come to tour. Anyways thats still 3 weeks in the future. I think there will be a spot open in Abruzzo ;)
Mothers day is coming up next month. I'm excited to see you guys on skype again. I'm sure we will have plenty to talk about. I'm going to come back way better at piano that I was. I have been forced to learn how to sight read a bit by the members haha. I'm really happy to have the music. One of the members is a classical music fanatic and he goes nuts everytime I play a little chopin. 
Tante belle cose. 
Anziano Faggiol













No comments:

Post a Comment