Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Feb. 27-2013




I'll probably say this phrase many many more times over the course of the rest of my mission, but here goes. This was the most interesting week in the mission yet. The work was a little bit slower, but there have been a few really bright moments and some strange circumstances. First off that young man came to church again this week! We talked to him about what we do and we start teaching him next week because he has tons of stuff to do during the week and sunday is his only free day. Of course I still remember how to play the piano. The ward had me preform part of Clair de lune for a party they had. 
Now they have me learning a Chopin piece.
Now for the interesting part of the week. 
Yesterday at english course we decided to split up the spiritual thought at the end because the class is getting so big. I bore my testimony and read the passage from ether 12:6 about the trial of your faith. And some of the younger people asked me for a Book of Mormon. Next time I see them in English course I will invite them to church this sunday. I had sort of given up hope on getting young people to church in the last two transfers and now all of the sudden there are all these kids showing interest in the church. Just goes to show there are no real stereotypes in missionary work. The gospel is for everyone regardless of age, gender or anything else you can classify a person with. 

Thanks for sending the music. I should have just brought it all with me when I went into the MTC. I never thought I would have the chance to use it all to bless the ward. Luckily I remembered enough of some of it to add to the parties they have.
Haha yeah the blond hair is way different than anyone here. No one in southern Italy has blond hair. Everyone thinks he is the American until we both talk. Speaking of my piano could you send me a picture of it?  I just called the assistants to get permission to use photo bucket. They didn't answer so I guess I will just have to wait for a bit. I still need to print some at the end of every companionship because we make "dedicas" in this mission. We print off the good pictures from the transfers and put them in a book to give to our companions to remember all the good times. 
Anyways thanks for all the uplifting thoughts. I'm doing my best out here , I'm sure you already know. I'm hit by the humbling fact almost every day that I'm incapable in and of myself to do this work, especially right now seeing how little time I've been out here. In Ether 12:27 it talks about the way I feel.  I know that you pray for me and I can feel that strength to do more that I am capable of coming from the Lord. You are right I've grown alot already, but there are still things to learn, people to bring to the gospel, and Italian to learn.
Love Anziano Antonio Faggioli 

No comments:

Post a Comment