Wednesday, December 5, 2012


Alright buckle down a lot happened this week.
The day after p-day last week we had english course. I teach in the advanced and just have conversations with the people there. So this week they wanted to talk about slang. So I taught them all of the California slang like Chill, bra, and dude. So after that we gave our spiritual thought on baptism. We explained how it is done and what it means. We didn't think to much of it after we gave it. We always prepare for our thoughts and give good ones, but up till now it hasn't done much but teach people about what we believe. So everyone was leaving, but one guy stayed behind and said "could I be baptised" I was just sort of baffled. I thought I had missunderstood his Italian at first. We told him that he could absolutly be baptised. We will begin to teach him this week. We also saw  another one of our potential investigators to meet with him for the first time. After we talked to him about baptism and recieving the holy ghost he said "I have been looking for a way to have the Holy Ghost in my life my entire life". Needless to say I am really excited about the next couple of weeks.

Church is freaking awesome. I can understand most of what the members are saying to me now. There is one that is learning to speak english and he learns the weirdest things to say to me in english. I was playing prelude music for church and he comes up behind me and hugs me then says. "Hello how are your" I responded how I normally would when a man hugs me from behind. " Pretty good" then he says "we are friends right?" me "yeah of course" he continues "only for today" I respond "heck no" then he says "of course forever." The ward members here have so much character. I was talking to another one of the members after church and she asked me if I had a girl waiting for me. I told her no then she started telling me that I need to go find a nice Italian girl to take home. I don't think she knows the story of Sean and Emilia. On fast sunday the members normally try to feed the missionaries so we went over to a families home. That meal was the best meal I have ever had in my life. They made some amazing lasagna and a bunch of other things. There was so much food, I thought I was going to die. 

We have people stop us while we are tracting all the time. One guy stopped us and told us we need to give him a job. He went on for 10 mins. We kept trying to tell him we are missionaries and we can't give him a job, but he was convinced by our suits that we were business men. There is also a beggar that knows the missionaries. He doesn't know them very well because he has learned how to say in english "I am being crazy for one cigarette" I don't think he ever got the lessons because he is always supprised when we say we don't have any. 

We gathered olives again this week. It went the same as last week so I won't go into details. One last story. We went to a refugee camp to teach some lessons the other night. The person we were looking for wasn't there yet so we started talking to another guy. He took us to his room then dissapeared for like 10 mins. He came back with 2 huge plates full of food. I am one of the few missionaries that can say they have eaten on the U.Ns dollar. 

I am really excited about this week. We have started putting up geneologly publicity in hopes to attract new investigators. I am glad weston is trying to send me a card I need to get his address so I can write him. 

Mom
tell Chad he is allowed to email me. The mission president allows it. I am able to keep in touch with Conner and Taylor over email, but Peter needs to write because his mission pres doesn't allow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment