Friday, November 30, 2012


Nov. 28, 2012
 
That is so crazy all the mission calls coming. Do I know this anziano Jameson? And who in the ward got their call? I didn't get anything mail about someone from the ward. Maybe give it another week and I will get something. I think it stinks that you can't send anything as well. Everything is pretty messed up here as far as public services go. Yes I can get pictures to my email. I'm very glad to hear things are going well at home for everyone.
 
Alright on to my week here in Italy.
This week was pretty sweet. We picked up two new investigators this week. Both of them from nigeria. We also started to visit some less active/part member families to see if we can start doing some work with them. So far I haven't taught any lessons in Italian. I have talked alot in Italian, but not really taught any lessons. I am still struggling to understand what people are saying. My last name right now is sort of a curse. I can understand when people talk slowly to me, but because my name is Faggioli they have no mercy. People here love to talk really fast. They talk as fast as they can when ever they can so when they see that I look Italian and see my last name the just assume that I can keep up with them. Hopefully in a couple more transfers I will be able to. 
I was reading from the Book of Mormon in Italian up to about page 50, but I stopped for now because Isaiah is hard to understand in english. So i decided that I am going to finish it in english again before I continue to read in Italian. I am in Helaman right now so it wont be long. I have been having alot of pizza this week. There is a really good pizzaria right next to our house. I have also been eating alot of gelato. And sean is going to hate me for this, but I have lost like 5 pounds this week because I can actually walk and run here. The MTC was terrible for my health. 
This week we had service to do. We did the coolest thing. We helped gather olives! I can't think of a more Italian experiance. I took alot of pictures of the trees and the olives. The entire time I was gathering I was thinking about how sybolic it is. In the chapters of Jacob there is a parable about an olive vineyard. The parable is about the gathering of Israel. How cool is it that two missionaries get to go gather olives and then with the rest of the day they get to go gather Israel. English course was great yesterday. It always starts off by the students telling me how Italian I look. At the end we always have a spiritual thought and I explained how we get our calls and our purpose as missionaries. The best part was the end when someone said "ho capito" which means I understand. 
Thanks for all the updates.
Anziano Faggioli

No comments:

Post a Comment