Wednesday, December 19, 2012


  • Buon Natale‏

12-19-12
This may be the most eventful week yet!!

I am sorry I don't answer all your questions mom. I really do try to It is just in between telling stories and answering questions I use up all my email time. 

Ok so ill start off with stories this week

Zone conference was last week. Tons of training and President Kelly talked to us. I finally got to meet all the elders in my zone. I have a pretty awesome zone. Other than training we didn't do anything to special for zone conference. For christmas the both the Italy missions got Firenze ties. My first Italian silk tie (other than the ones sean gave me).

 The Branch President and his wife are back from Australlia now. This is the first time I have meet them because they have been gone for 2 months. President casti is the father of the guy that sent that picture of me to Emilia. This week more than ever I understand why grandpa was the way he was. Because he was raised by a family from southern Italy. Everyone here reminds me of him in some way. 

Italians love food more than anything else. Whenever we have lunch with a member they make an un earthly amount of food that they expect us to eat. I am happy to do it to because it is the best food in the world. Sorella Casti made this carbonara for us and I cant even describe how amazing it was. All the food here just blows my mind. 

Finding new people here to teach is really hard. We are always out on the streets doing finding. There is an english course student that whenever he sees us on the streets he asks me to teach him how to read music and play the piano. I have started bribing him. I told him "I will teach you piano if you take the missionary lessons." He just laughed and said "maybe". Which means no, but that just means I don't have to learn to teach piano in Italian. 

We had another ward party, but this time it was a Christmas concerto. There are two men in the ward that can sing really well and they wanted my to play piano with them. We preformed angels we have heard on high. Then they sang O sole mio. The best part about O sole mio is there was a concert pianist at the party and she played a rendition of it that she made up on the spot. Then she went on to play some of the craziest songs I have ever heard. I will try to send videos, but I don't know if I can through this email. 

Last story of the week. We were teaching a man named Luca. He lives in the D'oumo of the city. He told us he needed us to go with him to his house to talk to someone. He took us in to talk to Nuns. We needed to ask them if we could teach Luca. I pretty sure they said it was okay. They spoke really fast Italian. We just sat and talked for a little while after that. I wonder how many missionaries can say they have chilled with Nuns on their mission. I am going to try and get a picture next time we go over there. 
Love, 
Anziano Faggioli

No comments:

Post a Comment