Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jan.30,2013 Matera


Hello,
Another week in Southern Italy. Zone Conference was last week. It was so much better than the last one. Also we went to Matera (yes, the place where they filmed The Passion of The Christ). This is thinking way into the future, but when you guys come to pick me up we I'm going to take you to go see it. It tops the list of the most amazing things I have seen in my life. There is a normal part of the city and it is just like any other city in southern Italy, but there is a corner at the end of centro that you turn and you can see all of Materra. After I turned that corner I thought I had been sent back in time about 1000 years. There are a bunch of houses carved out of the side of the mountain that are probably just as old as the Roman empire. Anyone that comes to Italy on vacation needs to go see Materra. 
        Pretty good week as far as missionary work. It  was a little bit slower, but that was because of Matera and Zone conference. 

At zone conference I learned that I know Brindisino and not Italian. I tried to talk to the Missionaries that are from the north and I couldn't understand them at all. My next city is going to be pretty rough for a few weeks getting tuned in to the accents.
         Anziano Harris finishes in a little more than a week now. I'll have a new companion (hopefully a native Italian so I can learn faster). He was a really good trainer. I learned a ton about how to be a better missionary. But now its time for him to go home and get the Iphone 5. 

Thats pretty much it for this week.

Vi voglio bene
Anziano Antonio Faggioli           
                                            Matera city where The Passion of The Christ was filmed.



No comments:

Post a Comment