Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jan.23, 2013



We had our P-day moved to Thursday because of zone conference. We still got to email today, but we had appointments in the morning. Hopefully it didn't throw you off to much. There isn't to much going on in Brindisi right now. We have a bunch of new investigators and a few baptisms coming up (hopefully nothing is sure until they are in the water). There are a few families that we are visiting reguarly and they are awesome. 
        We did exchanges this week. Anziano Skanchy came up to Brindisi from lecce. He has a cousin that served in milan around the same time that Sean was there and now that I think about it I think I remember Sean talking about an Anziano Skanchy. 
        I don't think I am going to ever get used to the way Italians eat. They make so much food and force the missionaries to eat it all. I think they have a fear of leftovers. They never really get offended when you don't finish everything they just start freaking out about wasting food. Also they have a fear of eggs. They think if you eat more than three eggs a day you are slowly killing yourself. 
        Speaking of weird fears now that I understand more Italian, I understand how much they talk about colpa D'aria. EVERYONE here has a personal story about someone dying of it. I love it. It is so funny to get someone worked up about it. I have started telling them I believe in it. 
         I love being around the Italian people. For the most part they are the friendliest people in the world. Once you get someone talking to you you are automatically their friend.
         Tomorrow for P-day my district is going to Materra. It is the place where the passion of the Christ was filmed. It is rummored to be the coolest place you can go see on p-day in our district. I'll send some pictures next week. 

Sorry there wasn't much to write about this week

Love Anziano Antonio Faggioli

No comments:

Post a Comment