Thursday, October 11, 2012

#4.   Oct.11,2012

Boun Giorno 

This was the best week in the MTC so far. Not only was there conference on Saturday and Sunday, but Elder David A. Bednar came and spoke at the Tuesday fireside as well. I couldn't believe it when he walked in. Everyone stood up and the spirit filled the room until it was almost bursting. He talked about how he personally studies the talks of general conference. Such and eventful week! I cant believe the changes they made in the mission program. That completely caught me off guard. I was in the MTC when church history was made. I don't even know how long the mission age has been 19 for the boys. Do you know of anyone who is planning on going now? They are changing the MTC programs up next year for the influx of missionaries they are expecting. The stateside elders are going to start staying for 2 weeks and the foreign missionaries stay for 6 weeks. I would be leaving in 2 weeks instead of 5. I'm glad I am staying for the full 9 weeks though. I am no where near ready to preach the gospel in Italian. I don't know if you got my letter yet, but there is an Italian missionary here at the MTC. He is going to Romania and does not know how to speak English. It has been so much fun seeing how much I have learned, but at the same time shows me how little I know. His name is Elder criscenti. He is from Milan, but he was born in Sicily. I have learned to roll my r's very well. I try and roll them on every word that has an r. My teacher said that it is much better to over roll your R's than to not be able to do it. Congrats to Dad for finishing the Maratona. With a really good time too. I have no idea who will be going now with the news. You will have to keep me informed with that somehow. I'm really happy Pete is doing good in the pinas so far. That sucks about his toe but I bet he will get better really fast. Taylor sounds like he is having the adventure of a lifetime! I can't wait till I have sweet stories like they do to send home. The MTC is the same almost everyday so it isn't that much fun to write about. My departure date is expected to be november 14 as of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment