Monday, July 14, 2014

July 13, 2014


.....Pres just made the zone leaders the only authorizzed drivers on the Island so....Only they use the car now. Cost of living went a little bit down. It is noticably higher being on an Island anyways.

Things are going really well with the work. We found a few more investigators this week. Our biggest problem is just getting them to Church at the moment. I'm sure over time they will feel more comfortable coming. As the meet more and more of the members of course.
I did an Exchange in Oristano last week. I got to meet some of the members there. It was the city my trainer began his mission in and they all still remember him very well.  

We ended up on a really weird adventure on Saturday. We got a call from an ex investigator saying he wanted us to meet people at the park. So we went and there was a big city event for the opening of a new piazza. They were giving away bushes and flowers. One of the english course students works for the city and I went to go talk to her. Without even asking she just loaded me up with a rose bush and 6 other flower plants. Just put them in my arms. Then this ex investigator came up and decided he wanted to take us to meet someone else on the other side of town. So we went with him and it turned out to be a sort of "fire side" in a _________Church. It was really good. It was this actress who had an experiance with God and repented of all her sins and now she gave all her money to children in Africa. This investigator wanted us to meet her and shake her hand so after she was done talking we went up to talk to her. After we shook her hand the priest took interest in us and wanted our number. Haha he probably thinks he's going to convert us. Well see about that. I've heard of more_______ priests converting than missionaries.

I got your message about the dumpbox. My only concern is that I really just don't have time to sit at the computer and wait for them all to upload. I have so little time with the Internet a week that would rather spend writing you. It must be driving you crazy to not be getting any pictures. I'm sorry.

 I would like to become like Jacob in the Book of Mormon and have as he says "unshakable faith". I know I'm going to feel a little lost at first, they have spent enough time warning us about that here, but I'm sure if I hit the ground running I'll adjust well to life again.

I'm excited to see my room again and most of all sleep in my bed. You can take the Mr. Orem picture down haha. I forgot I even had that. I have nothing against getting rid of it. Are you going to leave any work for me to help out with. It probably sounds weird coming from me, but I really miss doing projects with Dad and Learning how to do something with my hands. I should have taken more advantage of his handy man skills and learned a lot more. I don't know  how soon I'll bounce off the the singles ward. We'll see. For now I think I give the old home ward a few months at the least. I'm hoping they are either going to put me in with the Priests or mission prep. I would really like to go on campouts and teach the priests quorum.

I really hope Bishop ______ makes it a few more months. I'd prefer to do the exit interview with him.

I've been eating lots of different sard dolci lately. My favorite one is made from almonds and a cream. It is Amazing. Also there is a place really close to our house that sells really good canoli.

Well I really dont know much what else to say.
Love, 
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment