Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Our investigator getting ready for baptism is taking off to England in August. He told us he has been looking up churches where he is going so he is going to go to sacrament meeting while he is gone. He has been struggling to quit smoking lately. He just wants to get an answer before he quits smoking. We talked about how quitting will help him receive an answer. We will see how it goes with him. Either he needs to quit smoking soon or he won't be ready for his baptism. We'll see how it all goes next transfer. 

We went to a carnevale in one of the little cities with a couple of our investigators. That was to coolest thing I have ever seen. There were all the cool Venetian masks and huge costumes in a huge parade. I really wished I had my camera there. I couldn't get any really clear pictures with the one here, but I made due. I never thought that I would be able to see something like that in Italy. I always thought that it was a south american thing. 

The branch celebrated Pioneer day at the American base. It was alot of fun. We just ate a bunch of American food and talked to all the families. There wasn't time to tell the Mortensen  story during the activity. 

Transfers are tomorrow and Anziano Burton is going to train. We are all really excited to be done with the triple companionship. There will be 4 people in the house again.

We walked through the Reggia again today. This time we did it with bikes. While we were renting the bikes we ran into a couple from salt lake city. They were really excited to see us. We talked for a little bit, but we need to get going so we could see everything and have enough time for email today.

Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I just found out yesterday that my son, Anziano Craig Jones, is in the same apartment with Jesse in Caserta. Craig is Anziano Burton's new companion. In his email, Craig said that he was going to tell us more about Anziano Faggioli and Anziano Morgan, but then I guess he forgot. Anyway, after I saw the names of his companion and roommates, I did an Internet search for some blogs, and I was happy to find this one for Jesse! I've discovered that reading the blogs of roommates is almost like getting a second letter because they write about different things. So then I was surprised to see your link to Craig's blog on here. Did he and Jesse know each other before? We live in Provo, so I thought maybe there might be a connection that I didn't know about. I've enjoyed reading a few of Jesse's letters. I can tell that he just loves his mission, and I got the same feeling from Craig's letter yesterday. I just put a link to Jesse's blog on Craig's blog, and I'm sure I will be checking in each week. In fact, I'm already looking forward to your next post!

    Laura Jones

    ReplyDelete